For Andrew Weatherly, art is a meaningful tool for personal and social growth. His work invites the viewers in for closer inspection. Weatherly, born with Down Syndrome, maintains that artwork is a tool he uses to advocate for people with disabilities.
Painter, poet and photographer, the artist chooses media that offer him the extraordinary avenues for self - expression, as well as, the ability to navigate compelling barriers while sharing his own insight and perspective with the viewers.
Exhibits and Juried Shows
- 2020 Merck & Co., Inc., World Headquarters in Rahway, New Jersey; commissioned thru Art Lifting, Inc., Boston, MA (www.artlifting.com)
- 2020 The Stable Art Gallery, Village of Ridgewood, NJ (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 2019 J&J Galllery, Johnson & Johnson World Headquarters, New Brunswick, NJ (www.JNJ.com)
- 2019 Special Olympics USA 2022 Games, Logo Design Team, Orlando, Florida (www.specialolympics.org)
- 2019 Belskie Museum, EXPOSED, 280 High Street, Closter, NJ (www.belskiemuseum.com)
- 2019 Volition Gallery, Art Speaks, Greenbush Road, Orangeburg, NY)
- 2018 Arts Foundation of Cape Cod, Creative Exchange, Barnstable, MA (www.artsfoundation.org)
- 2018 Morristown Performing Arts Center, StarlightArt Gallery, Morristown, NJ (www.mayoarts.org)
- 2018 & 2017 Buy Arts Fair, Manchester, UK, Heart & Sold Collection (www.heartandsold.org.uk)
- 21st & 22nd International Art Ability Exhibit, Bryn Mawr, PA
- 2017 Bergen PAC, Sandy Bennett Art Gallery, Englewood, NJ (www.bergenpac.org)
- 2017 Montclair Art Museum, No Limits, Montclair, NJ
- 2016 Atlantic Health System, Healing Arts Gallery, at Morristown Medical Center, Morristown, NJ
- 2016 Salford Museum & Art Gallery, Heart & Sold Collection, Salford, England
- 2015 Heart & Sold, Manchester, London, New York (www.heartandsold.org.uk)
- 2015 Arts Unbound, Summer in Winter, Orange, NJ (www.artsunbound.org)
- 2014 V.S.A. International,The Journey, The Kennedy Center & Volkswagen of America Group, Emerging Young Artists, The Smithsonian Institution, Washington, D.C.
- ArtLifting Gallery, Boston, MA (www.Artlifting.com)
- Arts to the Avenue, Greenwich, CT
- Belskie Museum of Art & Science, Closter, NJ
- Cape Cod Museum of Art, Brewster, MA
- "True Colors", The Art Beyond A Syndrome, Vol. III by A. Weatherly 2020
- "When I Close My Eyes", The Art Beyond A Syndrome, Vol. II by A. Weatherly 2017 The Art Beyond A Syndrome, Vol. I by A. Weatherly 2015
- Room of Golden Shells, Woodbine House, Inc.
- "Voices of Peace Poetry", Veterans for Peace & Arts Foundation, Cape Cod, Massachusetts
- 21st Annual New Jersey Wordsmith 2015 Poetry, V.S.A. New Jersey
Andrew Weatherly's "Pizzazz" was installed in the newly renovated Closter Plaza, Vervalen Street, Closter, New Jersey. This shopping center is an EDENS property. November 21, 2017.
Andrew has donated pieces from his collections to a variety organizations, including:
- Special Olympics NJ
- Heroes In Transition, Massachusetts
- Special Olympics USA Games 2022
- Rock The 21, Hoboken NJ
- Hearts of Joy Intl., New Jersey
- Gigi's Playhouse, Baltimore MD
- Ruby's Rainbow, Texas
- North Jersey Friendship House, New Jersey